Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Trying to get my ducks in a row.










So far I'm enjoying spring break. For those of us in education it is a welcome relief from "March Madness." This month we are not only helping our students with their latest round of government-ordered tests/assessments but witnessing an awesome display of hormones in full-bloom. Our fifth-graders just aren't the same kids they were back in December! Of course as spring progresses things only intensify. Which is why spring break is so important to our mental and physical health!

When April arrives I will be spending a good deal of time traveling to UniServ Mock/Mini Ra's across Region III so this year spring break will be spent at home, getting my ducks in a row. I've already had some time in the garden to make room for spring growth. Here in eastern Oregon it is still quite early to put out flowers I find myself fighting the urge to at least look at pansies and consider fertilizing my roses. I've taken care of routine maintenance; there was a trip to my family doctor and one to the local salon. I spent just an hour at school tying up odds and ends so I could relax at home guilt-free and have run some household errands around town. I will likely break out the household cleaning supplies and vacuum up the latest layer of hair my three lovely kitties have deposited throughout the house (According to Barb Gornick no outfit is complete without cat hair and I'm inclined to agree). All in all it has been relaxing so far.

I'm also taking this time to make campaign plans and get my ducks in a row with regard to people and places. It will be fun to travel again and meet members across the state. One thing I can say for certain: OEA members are not dull!

So until April comes you know where to find me. Quack!

No comments: