Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Race is Run


Although my race was unsuccessful, there is much to celebrate! The following is an email sent to some of my supporters:

Hello, Everyone!

The race is run and those of you who were at
RA
know that I was not successful in my bid to become
Region III VP. I do feel good that I was able to run the
kind of campaign that I wanted to run and that so
many
of you were supporting me through this past year
of
campaigning. With a final vote of 102-72 I feel
good
about coming so close as a relatively unknown vs.

an incumbent. 30 votes is not a mandate!


I am convinced that I need to take a larger role
in
OEA and will take steps to do just that in the
future.
I believe a good starting point will be
running for
state NEA-RA delegate and, when the seat
opens,
running for the OEA Board of Directors.


Thank you to all of you who sent positive thoughts
and support during my campaign! The "roller coaster"
is, indeed, filled with ups and downs. Thank you to
all who gave advice and spent time helping with
phone
calls, letters, and all of the other things needed
for
a successful campaign. And thank you to those who
helped me financially. I covered more than 3,000 miles
and Vern and I financed most of it; your contributions
allowed me to have first class materials and meet my
goal of putting "boots on the ground" in nearly every
UniServ in Region III.


I'll rest now (heaven knows the past month has taken
a toll on my body!) but I'm not going away soon.
We
are the OEA!


Judy


No comments: