Monday, February 18, 2008

Some Key Endorsements



This is a campaign blog so from time to time I will list some of the people who are supporting my candidacy for OEA Region III Vice President. Here are a few.

One of the ways I have been able to serve our members in Eastern Oregon is by being an OEA PIE Board Director. I served for 8 years. Barb Gornick (former OEA Board director, NEA director and Jack of all trades within OEA- former NEA trainer of the NEA Women's Leadership Program and currently on the cadre for Bullying Prevention Training) retired one year into a three-year term and I was selected to fulfill the remainder of her term and was consequently elected to two consecutive three-year terms of my own. Through this process I learned a great deal about politics in Oregon and met wonderfully talented and hard-working people across the state.

During my term as OEA PIE Board Director from Eastern Oregon I had the privilege of working with three different PIE Board chairs: June Buck, Medford EA; Gary Sackley, Salem-Keizer EA and current chair Steve Anderson, Hermiston EA. All three former PIE chairs are active supporters of my campaign for Region III Vice President. They recognize and appreciate my ability to energize members and help to bring them together for the cause of OEA and have seen me doggedly lobby legislators on OEA's behalf.

It is also worth noting that Barb Gornick is a staunch supporter of my campaign as well as my treasurer. She has seen many changes in OEA through the years and knows that I am a person who can maintain our forward momentum and help our members grow into the 21st Century.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know Judy T. from her work with the Oregon Music Educators Association. She is a person who gets things done and well done! she would be a great OEA Rep. for Region III.

Lynnda